- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
- Linfoot: “I believe we can fight for some podiums at Silverstone”
James Ellison is the current lap record holder at Silverstone and ahead of this weekend's opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at the Northamptonshire circuit, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider is going to settle for no less than two victories.
Ellison won three of the first four races last season and intends on delivering an equally strong start to his 2016 campaign as he lines up with the all-new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R for the opening two races of the season.
Ellison said: "I can't wait to get going! I've had a good history at Silverstone, we currently hold the lap record and I led both races last year but some tyre issues prevented us from showing our true form. It's been a busy winter with testing, and the team hasn't stopped working. We've still got a few things to try during practice this weekend, but I think we're in a good place.
"My first impressions of the ZX-10R were very positive and that hasn't changed since, it's a completely new bike still so we still have some things to refine but its potential is strong. I love the circuit too, it's very fast and flowing and is one of the best tracks in the country so I'm looking forward to getting back out and stretching the ZX-10R's legs in a race!"
Last updated: Tuesday, April 5, 2016