- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
Ryuichi Kiyonari is eager to get back on track with the Bennetts Suzuki team for next week's official tests at Silverstone (29 March) and Donington Park (31 March) as the three-time MCE British Superbike champion prepares for his opening race with the team.
In the recent Spanish pre-season tests Kiyonari was quickly on the pace as on his first appearance with the team, and despite the conditions, clocked up the laps in preparation for the first two races of the season at Silverstone next month (April 8/9/10). The team have a variety of new parts to work through before the season opener as Kiyonari and team-mate Tommy Bridewell aim to put the Suzuki back at the front in the 20th anniversary MCE BSB season.
"We have had good tests already in Spain and I did many, many laps," joked Kiyonari. "It was important for me to do that because the Suzuki was new to me and it was my first test with the team too. We found a good base setting in Spain and I also have a better feeling for the bike so it feels more like my own now.
"We did start testing some new parts in Spain but the temperature didn't help so at Silverstone and at Donington we need to do some more work with this. I am excited about riding the Bennetts Suzuki on one of our tracks in the UK; Silverstone is a good track for me so I want to get out, do lots of laps so we are ready for the first races. I am bored waiting now - I want to get the season started!"
Last updated: Saturday, March 26, 2016