- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
Ryuichi Kiyonari fired his Bennetts Suzuki to the top of the times in the opening official test session at Silverstone this morning as the three-time MCE British Superbike champion got straight back on the pace at the Northamptonshire circuit.
Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had moved fastest earlier in the session but Kiyonari was soon back at the top, pushing the Be Wiser Ducati rider back to second place. The four-time champion then was nudged back to third in the closing stages when Jakub Smrz moved up the order to end the session in second place for the Smiths Racing BMW team.
Christian Iddon was fourth fastest on the Tyco BMW whilst his team-mate Michael Laverty sat out on the opening session. Leon Haslam was the fastest of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki riders in fifth place pushing Honda Racing's Dan Linfoot to sixth.
Luke Mossey had a strong start to the session in seventh place to split the Honda Racing team-mates as Jason O'Halloran set the eighth fastest time. The American pairing of John Hopkins and rookie James Rispoli completed the top ten.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Silverstone, official test:
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki) 2m:09.211s
- Jakub Smrz (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.366s
- Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.035s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +1.116s
- Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.150s
- Dan Linfoot (Honda Racing) +1.368s
- Luke Mossey (Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki) +1.629s
- Jason O'Halloran (Honda Racing) +1.289s
- John Hopkins (ePayMe Yamaha) +1.689s
- James Rispoli (Anvil Hire TAG Racing Yamaha) 2.019s
Last updated: Tuesday, March 29, 2016