- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
The Tyco BMW pairing were formation flying during the opening MCE British Superbike Championship official test session at Donington Park as Michael Laverty pushed ahead of his team-mate Christian Iddon in the closing minutes at Donington Park.
Iddon had grabbed the top spot, but it was Laverty who emerged on top after the opening session as the pair were split by just 0.227s.
Luke Mossey had overcome illness earlier on in the week to fire his Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki into third place on the times ahead of Honda Racing's Jason O'Halloran who had a strong opening session.
Danny Buchan was inside the top five on the leading Ducati as the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati rider held off Jakub Smrz on the Smiths Racing BMW ahead Shane 'Shakey' Byrne on the Be Wiser Ducati.
Tommy Bridewell was the fastest of the Bennetts Suzukis, but only marginally from Ryuichi Kiyonari with Dan Linfoot on the second Honda Racing Fireblade completing the top ten.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Official test, Donington Park:
- Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) 1m:30.576s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +0.227s
- Luke Mossey (Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki) +0.229s
- Jason O'Halloran (Honda Racing) +0.278s
- Danny Buchan (Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati) +0.298s
- Jakub Smrz (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.561s
- Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) +0.861s
- Tommy Bridewell (Bennetts Suzuki) +0.706s
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki) +0.734s
- Dan Linfoot (Honda Racing) +0.907s
Last updated: Thursday, March 31, 2016