- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
Australian Billy McConnell will line up on the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship grid for the opening round of the season at Silverstone this weekend (April 8/9/10) after signing for the all-new FS-3 Racing team ahead of their debut in the series.
Former Supersport champion McConnell has been a podium finisher in MCE BSB before and the Australian is now relishing the chance to return to Kawasaki machinery to campaign the former title-winning PBM machine.
McConnell said: "I really didn't want to miss this season and after speaking with the team at FS-3, I instantly knew it was the right fit for me. I am just as excited as the team and crew are about the new season and we are all really enthusiastic about making this new team a force for the future.
"This Kawasaki finished second in the championship last year and with the crew they have on board too it is now down to me. I can't explain how excited I am for this opportunity so let's get this show on the road!"
Team owner Nigel Snook commented: "Well that was down to the wire! We were a bit late to the party setting up the team and Darren Fry and I have been working on FS-3 rider options all winter. Luke Quigley did a fantastic stand-in job for us at last week's tests but when we heard that Billy was available it didn't take long to complete the team line-up.
"All of the team think that Billy is a perfect fit with the way we want to go about things. We're all really excited by the challenge of completing in MCE BSB starting this weekend at Silverstone.''
Last updated: Monday, April 4, 2016