- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
Rookie Glenn Irwin impressed in yesterday's final official test ahead of next weekend's (April 8/9/10) opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Silverstone, breaking inside the top ten for the Be Wiser Ducati team.
Irwin steps up from the Dickies British Supersport Championship into the premier class this season and the 26-year-old from Carrickfergus continued to build momentum at the two official tests, ending the Donington Park preview in eighth place and just 0.864s adrift of pace-setter Michael Laverty.
Irwin said: "After Spain, it was good to get back to tracks I was familiar with and I knew I had to push on with getting to grips with the Ducati. At Silverstone, we did just that and I felt I unlocked something which we carried over into Donington. It's all about track time for me and with every lap, I was gaining in confidence and in the end, I was happy with my lap times as they came on my own, without a tow or anything.
"Shakey has been a massive help and I can't thank him and all of the team enough and yesterday was a good day. Now I'm looking forward to Silverstone next weekend and the plan is to get as many points on the board as possible whilst being realistic about what we can achieve."
Last updated: Friday, April 1, 2016