- ePayMe Yamaha’s Hopkins and Easton gearing up for Silverstone season opener
- Ellison: “I can’t wait to get going at Silverstone”
- MCE British Superbike stars to meet fans in Milton Keynes ahead of Silverstone season opener
- 20th anniversary MCE British Superbike Championship season set to kick off at Silverstone
- Bell Helmets FATSBAR Future Award announced for Hel British Motostar Moto3 Standard Championship
Shane 'Shakey' Byrne moved to the top of the times in the second MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship official test session at Donington Park this morning, moving ahead of Tyco BMW's Michael Laverty by just 0.007s in an incredibly close session.
Byrne had been building momentum on the Be Wiser Ducati and he dipped into the 1m:29s lap time to climb to the top of the times, narrowly edging out Laverty who held second place by 0.001s from Luke Mossey on Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki.
Ryuichi Kiyonari climbed to fourth place as he continued his impressive performance on the Bennetts Suzuki to hold off Christian Iddon as the Tyco BMW held two positions within the top five.
Jakub Smrz shot up the order on the Smiths Racing BMW to move ahead of the Honda Racing pairing of Jason O'Halloran and Dan Linfoot. Glenn Irwin held ninth place with a strong performance ahead of his rookie season in the championship with Filip Backlund completing the top ten.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Official Test, Donington Park, session two:
- Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:29.963s
- Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) +0.007s
- Luke Mossey (Quattro Plant Teccare Kawasaki) +0.008s
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki) +0.168s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +0.244s
- Jakub Smrz (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.456s
- Jason O'Halloran (Honda Racing) +0.479s
- Dan Linfoot (Honda Racing) +0.622s
- Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) +0.646s
- Filip Backlund (Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki) +1.006s
Last updated: Thursday, March 31, 2016